Friday, March 6, 2009

deep excavation


deep excavation
Originally uploaded by gezelle

im slowly becoming a fan of low-light photography. i used to avoid situations wherein i will be compelled to use high ISO or slow shutters due to the grain and noise that my sensor will produce, but lately i find myself wanting to shoot during the night. nothing of this kind can be made possible of course without the help of a tripod and in my case, a supportive boyfriend who will drive me to these places, watch over me as i compose and shoot and re-compose and shoot and re-compose and shoot again and again... thanks, JP! thank you for 'spoiling' me from time to time and letting me shoot even during the odd hours of the night in the most unconventional places. i love you, be :)

settings for this photo was iso 320, f8 (or f5.6) and 2.5 seconds. i can lower iso and set the shutter to a longer time period but this is what i prefer. the final output had to be processed in photoshop to alter the colors and give the scene a purple & yellow cast. i wanted a warmer tone basically. exposure had to be adjusted as well to bring out the lights in the building.

this was taken in fort bonifacio, by the way at around 1AM. sa likod ng serendra. please feel free to send your critique and comments.

salamat and God bless :)

No comments:

Flickr Slideshow