Monday, April 28, 2008

my chucks and i


my chucks and i
Originally uploaded by gezelle
i have created a set inspired by my multiply skin. photos were taken at home and is part of the self-portrait series. this is my third "do-it-yourself photoshoot" set and is the most difficult so far. the shoot took the longest but with the least number of good outputs. i needed several makeup retouches for this to remove sweat in the face and several water breaks to relieve the stress that was already building up. it wasnt at all easy to take photos when you're wearing a gown for sure!

the first good photos came out after 90 minutes of testing and figuring out what to do. i wanted to stand up but my head gets cut-off because there wasn't enough room in my house for stepping backwards and i wasnt comfortable in shooting at portrait mode.

the next challenge was posing to make sure i looked good and my flaws were not too evident. it doesnt help that the gown was tight in the tummy area which made bending or slouching impossible because every time i would, a bulk (or two) around my stomach would show up. definitely not a pretty sight.

as before, the setup was pretty basic. there was one light source that was constant and diffused by a white umbrella. in manual mode, my setting was similar to what i had used in my other DIY sets with the
lens almost at 35mm and aperture at f5.6. shutter was at 1/40 and white balance was in bulb setting.

please let me know what you think of the odd pair set. thanks and have a good day!

No comments:

Flickr Slideshow