Wednesday, April 2, 2008

portrait of a bride


portrait of a bride
Originally uploaded by gezelle
while waiting for my turn to get my hair and makeup done for my friend's wedding, i asked the bride to stand near the window so i can take her photo before the photographer takes her away for their official photo shoot. i had my olympus e500 with me, almost running out of space and battery that day. i was already dressed up in a powder blue gown when i took the shot.

this photo was shot in aperture mode at iso125 and f4.5. i used spot metering in order to meter her face and body correctly and make the curtain appear slightly washed out. comments and criticisms are welcome :)

i was the last bridesmaid to be made-up and prettied-up by the beautician and ended up not being able to walk down the aisle -- the girl before me took too long to get her hair fixed! i should have just skipped the make-up part altogether and combed my own hair or powdered my own face. or better yet, i should have convinced my friend to hire me to become her backup photographer instead, hehehe!

No comments:

Flickr Slideshow