Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the one with the volkswagen


the one with the volks
Originally uploaded by gezelle

this photo was shot at the parking lot of the SLU campus in baguio. the car isnt ours and in fact, we dont own one. we just saw this beetle on our way out of the university after having attended her brother's hooding ceremony. the ceremony was amazing and was part of the graduation rites, in case you were wondering.

it was not difficult for me to come up with the body pose. i knew i wanted to shoot her sitting at the front. i knew i wanted one leg stretched and the other bent. but i kept on struggling about the facial expression. i didnt know how i wanted it to be. in the end, she helped me out and made several faces. she smiled, she frowned, she looked up, she looked down, she appeared serious, she appeared lost... but in the end, i chose this: her "my car got broken and i have been waiting for a while now so please help me fix it or something like that" look :)

as usual, this was shot using my olympus evolt e-500, my kit lens set at 35mm and aperture of f5.6. iso is probably 100 or 200. the photo was mildly post-processed using lightroom to provide a purplish tone to the highlights and to crop the photo a little bit.

c&c's are welcome! thanks and God bless! :)

1 comment:

cherry said...

Hi there. I like your photos. What camera do you use?

Flickr Slideshow